Monday, March 21, 2011

にゃがにゃが亭 - Nyaga Nyaga Tei, Mikawashima


醤油つけ麺, Shouyu Tsukemen ¥750
     
     Nyaga Nyaga Tei is another place that is close to home that I do not remember seeing when I first moved to the area. I'm pretty sure it's quite new since it looks as though it's a renovated or new building and I'm sure I would have remembered seeing the line outside which is usually about 5 or 6 people deep on a Sunday afternoon around lunchtime. I had been wanting to try this place for a little while and my choice was made much easier by the fact that trains were disrupted due to the massive earthquake off the coast of Japan. Nyaga Nyaga was collecting donations.


     It was a windy Wednesday afternoon when I visited and I made the newbie error of forgetting my change in the ticket machine. Luckily enough one of the other customers told me about it, but I must admit I was a little surprised to have her speak English. The beauty of carrying a camera with you in to restaurants like this is that everybody assumes you're a non-Japanese speaking tourist. (Which is actually pretty close to the mark)



   I chose the tsukemen even though most people seemed to be eating the ramen... It was actually the first bowl I've had since writing this that had naruto in it. There is something about this that makes the bowl seem as though it has been prepared by your grandmother. Just has a very old-fashioned, home-cooked feeling...


    The tsukemen itself was pretty reasonable - I managed to finish it up pretty easily, but I'm a fan of soy sauce. The shouyu was a little too strong for my taste but there do seem to be plenty of people around who enjoy it. Not sure if I'd line up for it though...



No comments:

Post a Comment