Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ラーメンあんど - Ramen Ando, Minowa


醤油つけ麺, Shouyu Tsukemen, ¥1000

     Having lived in Minowa for about 6 months I cannot for the life of me figure why I never at ate Ramen Ando. I was aware of it's existence and walked past quite often but, regrettably, never went inside. I can now say I have and, since it's pretty close to home, I might even go there again. It definitely looks a lot nicer than the other places in Minowa and I guess the prices reflect that - The shouyu tsukemen that I had was ¥1000 as was the other recommendation above the ticket machine- shouyu ramen.


    We were walking past just as it opened so we were the only customers at first but by the time we left there were only 2 or 3 empty seats, so turnover seems quite high. The restaurant is really clean inside and has a bright and friendly atmosphere (the tissue box for each seat on the shelf under the counter is a nice touch).


    The staff were quite friendly and chatty with some of the customers which seemed a little different to the regular eat-your-ramen-and-get-out attitude (which I also like).



    The tsukemen itself was really well-presented and for a little extra fun you get to put your chashu, egg, nori and vegetables into your soup when you felt like them. The chashu once in the soup broke up nicely and was a little surprise each time you dipped in your chopsticks for some more noodles. At one point my soup became curry flavoured thanks to the curry powder on the counter. 


    I would highly recommend this once you're about halfway through, but be sure not to make it too strong! Once you've finished the staff will ask if you'd like to put in some hot water to finish your soup which, as always, was a great way to finish the meal.

 
 I was pleasantly surprised with Ramen Ando and I think it's well worth a trip out to Minowa.   




No comments:

Post a Comment