Thursday, March 17, 2011

やすべえ - Yasubee, Nerima


つけ麺, Tsukemen ¥720

    I didn't really know about Yasubee until I actually went there but according to their website they have a handful of shops around Tokyo so, as I was joining a friend for lunch who also has a penchant for tsukemen there, I made my way out to Nerima which must have one the higher ramen shop per-person ratios in Tokyo.


    Quite spacious inside, Yasubee didn't have too many customers around lunchtime which added to the scarcity, and we were joined by one of the rarest sights of all in a ramen shop.... A child... Perhaps children are the target audience since this is all we were given to sit on.


     Not a complaint, just an observation....


As for the ramen, it was pretty good. I've found that tsukemen places don't seem to offer up the low quality ramen that attracts those who might be missing a few teeth and we tend to pay a little more for it too... The assymetrical plate was pretty cool.


    I opted for the regular tonkotsu shouyu tsukemen, while my companion got the same with some extra chashu...

   
   The noodles were quite firm and the meat was delicious (It was nice to have enough that was safely covered by the soup), however the soup was probably a little too sweet to finish.






No comments:

Post a Comment